This low sodium Southwestern beef tortilla wrap couldn’t be easier to put together and is absolutely delicious with peppers, black beans, onions and shredded cheese. Great for a dinner recipe or reheated for lunches.
LOW SODIUM SOUTHWESTERN BEEF TORTILLA WRAP
Sodium Total 558 mg – Sodium / Serving 62 mg – Calories / Serving 194
Totals without additions (tortilla, rice etc.)
You can adjust the amount of paprika to your spiciness level. Easy to change by swapping the ground beef out for shredded chicken or shredded slow cooker beef roast. I’ve used my blackened chicken recipe shredded up, that really takes it up a notch. You may need to omit the additional paprika. I didn’t, but I like the heat.
A VERSATILE RECIPE
Great for a quick dinner, these southwest beef tortilla wraps can be made in less than 30 minutes, and they are infinitely adaptable. Place in tortilla, tacos, over rice or noodles. Compliment with you choice of sour cream, salsa, guacamole or cheese. Low sodium of course! But since it leaves a bit of wiggle room, indulge in a nice cheese topping. If you can find low sodium tortillas great! If not available, as it is pretty much here locally, try my easy homemade low-no sodium tortilla recipe. Which is what I used with this particular dish.
You can also crisp up the tortilla after filling by giving the wrap a quick shot of cooking spray all over and putting in hot skillet or under the broiler for a few minutes turning half way through or when browned.
Be sure to check out this southwestern beef tortilla wrap and don’t hold back on its versatility. Lettuce wraps maybe? Or maybe some homemade low sodium enchilada sauce? What are you waiting for?
Southwestern Beef Tortilla Wrap
- 1 ¼ pound lean ground beef
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 can 15 ounce can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can 15 ounce corn no salt added drained
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 green bell peppeer chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- Add the ground beef to a large skillet over medium heat. Cook and crumble to small bits until browned. Drain any grease.
- Reduce heat to medium low. Add all spices and water. Stir to combine. Cover and let meat “steep” to reduce water.
- Add black beans, corn, bell pepper, onions and toss to combine. Simmer covered on low for a 5 minutes. Stir once or twice.
- Serve on fresh tortillas or rice and add choice of toppings
Nutrition Information – The information shown is provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be substituted for a doctors or nutritionist’s advice. Please understand that not everyone’s sodium requirements are the same, therefore some recipes may be higher than you’re allowed. Always consult with your doctor for your recommended daily sodium allowance.
As always, please let me know how you like this recipe in the comments! I get motivated when I hear from you and am interested on how you serve your southwestern beef tortilla wrap. And please share any tips you might have.
Hello, I’m Bill. After a stroke, I began to prepare tasty heart healthy – low sodium and reduced fat meals. A tasty easily prepared meal that can help you change your lifestyle for a healthier life. More about myself…