This low sodium Instant Pot taco seasoned chicken is so simple and easy you can’t pass it up when you get a taco craving. In less than 15 minutes you can have a full meal when you prepare the other toppings while the chicken is cooking.
Low Sodium Instant Pot Taco Seasoned Chicken
Sodium Total 200 mg – Sodium / Serving 20 mg – Calories / Serving 31
The “secret” to make this low sodium is to use my Low Sodium Taco Seasoning and Low Sodium Salsa. And of course, as always, no salt added chicken broth to create this super low sodium from what is traditionally a high sodium meal.
HOW TO MAKE SHREDDED TACO CHICKEN
With this recipe, you cook thawed chicken for just 12 minutes and frozen chicken for 16. You’ll barely have prepared the other toppings in the time it takes to make perfect spicy taco shredded chicken breasts!
Just place the whole chicken breast in the bottom of the Instant Pot and add no sodium chicken broth.
Set the pot to “Manual” and adjust time to cook for 12 minutes if thawed and 15 minutes if frozen.
When cook time is done immediately release pressure, removing chicken only and finely shred breasts, simply by using two forks. Recombine with juice from Instant Pot and serve as desired.
That’s all there is to make this quick, incredibly delicious low sodium Instant Pot taco Chicken whenever you get the craving!
LEFTOVERS AND SERVING IDEAS
This recipe both freezes and reheats easily! Freeze left overs in serving size freezer bags to use later and just microwave until hot for a quick meal.
In particular they make the perfect to make a Nacho Platter for the game or last minute guests! As well as serve with soft corn tortilla wraps or even to serve this over a bed of rice and beans for another fast meal. You can easily liven up a simple tossed salad with this healthy spicy protein and you have a complete meal ready in minutes!
Low Sodium Taco Chicken Instant Pot
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts fresh or frozen about 2 lbs.
- 2 1/2 Tbsp of my homemade low sodium taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup no sodium added chicken broth
- 1 cup of my homemade low sodium salsa
WHEN SERVING AS TACOS USE
- Corn taco shells or no-low sodium tortillas
- Shredded cheese
- Shredded lettuce
- My homemade Salsa
- Chopped onion
- Place chicken breast in the bottom of the Instant Pot. Add no sodium chicken broth.
- Sprinkle taco seasoning evenly over chicken breasts. Then cover on top with salsa.
- Put cover on pot and ensure valve is in sealed position. Press “Manual” and adjust time to cook for 12 minutes if thawed and 15 minutes if frozen.
- When 12 minutes timer has finished, release pressure immediately. Then remove and finely shred chicken. Recombine with juice from Instant Pot and serve as desired.
Nutrition Information – The information shown is provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be substituted for a doctors or nutritionist’s advice.
As always, please let me know how you like this recipe in the comments! I get motivated when I hear from you and am interested to learn about how you liked and served your Instant Pot low sodium taco chicken. So please leave a comment or rating and share any tips you might have.